Monday, September 21, 2009

Maybe He Stayed at a Holiday Inn Express Last Night

President Obama went almost every talk show this Sunday. I did not watch any of them because I watch my softball on ESPN. I also didn't watch because I didn't think I would here anything different. I haven't been spoon fed since I was an infant. But George Stephanopoulos changed that. When I woke up this morning I was greeted in my e-mail box with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFxomW3RqYY. Did you watch it? Before Obama was condescending to Mr. Stepenopoulos, he said, "We're not going to have other people carrying the burden for you." Really? This goes counter to a fundamental belief of his presidency. He believes in the redistribution of wealth. I could link that quote also but I assume you have already seen it. He doesn't want others carrying the burden for others. I think I am part of carrying burden for almost 40% of other Americans. Some Americans not only pay no taxes, but receive money from the government (AKA the taxpayer).

This is what drives me nuts with liberals. They can't apply their logic across the board. He believes in the redistribution on wealth, but in this case, he doesn't. Profit is bad if you're a corporation. Unless you're a corporation that sells carbon credits.(Right Al) But not if you author two books, are Democrat Senator, are an anchor on NBC, CBS, ABC. Making over $200,000 a year is bad. Unless you are a Union President and the previously mentioned persons. Dissent is bad, or should I say racist, unless your opinion is ok'd by Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Barney Frank.

What I think the President is leading to is that his opinion should be accepted as fact. (2+2=5) As much as I disagreed with the policies of the Bush Administration(TARP and the beginning of the auto bailout) I don't remember coming home EVERY NIGHT and catching a president in a contradiction or dare I say it: A lie. What I want is leadership from my President. And not authorizing military request, defunding missile defense, apologizing for our history not talking about what is great about America, and saying you know nothing about the funding ACORN(It was in the stimulus that you supposedly read and now we know you did not). Remember when Afiganistan was where we should have invaded instead of Iraq? All accused criminals have rights, unless you are a former advisor or interigators. I could go on but you get the point.
This is not leadership this is pushing an ideology and Obama as celebrity playing the President.

jb

1 comment:

  1. "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" - THOMAS JEFFERSON -

    For me that quote pretty much sums up my opinion of our current state off affairs, amazing it was written over 200 years ago..
    JoeD

    ReplyDelete