Monday, September 7, 2009

Thou Shall Not Bear False Witness

Is this President kidding? He is quoting the Bible in front of religious leaders! Didn't he say that the ignorant (emphasis is mine) people just cling to their guns and religion? How can he say that if you disagree with his health care plan, all you can do is lie? What has he said? What I want is leadership. Fine he and I disagree on weather government can run health care for everyone. But what is the counter argument? I want Barack to come out and say "that the plan I want is A...B...C...D. "But he can't. What he wants is what 88% of Americans do not want and that is a single payer system. And for all of you who do not understand what that means I will spell it out for you. It is one entity paying for all health care. AKA the Government. AKA You, with higher taxes. Now I know that some receive money from the government and it is no burden to you, but I pay 36% of my income to the government. It is my highest debtor including my health insurance, car payments...well all other bills combined. Put and end to this monopoly! Single payer leads to rationing...fact. Single payer leads to higher taxes...fact. Single payer is more government dictating in your life...fact. Where are the lies? Death Panels...the whole bill is a death panel. I am not bearing false witness here, I believe this. The fact is that competition leads to better service and better products. The example is the computer. Years ago the computer used to take up entire rooms of the office building and were VERY expensive. Now you can put them in your lap and sip a non-fat, half-whip-mocha-green tea-frappacino while search out the next corporation to hate. This is insanity. I know....Iknow....we all have the right to not go broke if we get sick. What about cars, groceries, homes. Wait they already tried the latter and look where we are now. I want leadership, not rhetoric, the campaign season is over and it is time to lead. But this administration can't because they have TO SELL us the policies because they have ALL failed in the past. Please if you call yourself a Progressive can you please progress past the 1940's. FDR is dead and Keynesian economics have never worked. Hope vs Fear please I do not fear what I have already seen does not work. I'll end with question: Name ONE government program that has not gone into debt, lowered prices and been more efficient? Just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment